The Department of Educational Psychology offers 3 doctoral degree programs:
- Counseling Psychology
- Educational Psychology with specialization options in:
- A non-refundable $89 application fee for domestic applicants and $114 application fee for international applicants.
- The application fee may be paid by check, money order or approved credit card.
- Applicants who wish to pay by credit card may do so as part of the online application. If you are unable to pay the fee online, you may call the Graduate Admissions Office at 979-845-1060.
Official Transcripts and Application Materials
You must submit transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (excluding community colleges). Transcripts may be uploaded for review via the respective application service; however, if you are admitted and intend to enroll, you must provide an official transcript directly to the Office of Admissions before you will be allowed to register for classes. Transcripts can be submitted through SPEEDE, eSCRIP-SAFE, PARCHMENT and National Student Clearinghouse.
Note: You do not need to submit an official transcript from Texas A&M University, but you may be asked to upload one in the central application service (CAS). Visit the admissions website for information on how to submit your documents.
Please view a brief List of Bachelor Degree Equivalencies by Country. If you do not find your country listed and are unsure of your degree equivalency, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com. Applicants who do not possess a degree considered to be equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or higher will be denied admission.
Official GRE scores
The GRE requirement has been suspended for the following programs:
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology (EPSY) emphasis in Bilingual/ESL Education
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology (EPSY) emphasis in Developmental Sciences
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology (EPSY) emphasis in Learning Design & Technology
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology (EPSY) emphasis in Research, Measurement, and Statistics
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology (EPSY) emphasis in Special Education
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology (CPSY)
- Ph.D. in School Psychology (SPSY)
Note: GRE scores must be less than 5 years old.
Official TOEFL scores
- Official TOEFL scores, less than two years old.
- International Applicants should see OGS directions for waivers.
The school’s GRE code is 6003. EPSY does not use a department code. Send items directly using one of the following addresses:
U.S. Postal Service
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
Overnight or Hand Delivery
Graduate Admissions Processing
Texas A&M University
General Services Complex
750 Agronomy Road, Suite 1601
College Station, TX 77843-0200
For your application to be considered complete and reviewed by our committee, the following items are required:
- GraduateCAS Grad application, including $89 non-refundable fee (domestic applicants); $114 (international applicants)
- Statement of Purpose
- Official transcripts and records; If your institution does not issue a transcript in English you must provide the official original language transcript along with an official English translation.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA recommended
Doctoral Admissions Deadlines
All doctoral program applications are due by December 1 for the following fall semester.
The Department of Educational Psychology offers a range of Ph.D. programs geared toward preparing the next generation of interventionists, scholars, and innovation leaders. Graduates from our doctoral degree programs in School and Counseling Psychology are prepared to become licensed psychologists and/or pursue careers in higher education. Those majoring in Educational Psychology are admitted into in one of five emphasis programs, each of which is designed to foster expertise in their respective discipline areas. Graduates earning a degree in Educational Psychology often pursue careers as faculty in higher education, educational researchers, instructional designers, and technology specialists.View doctoral programs
Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.)
Earn a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology. Program is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association.
Emphasis in Special Education (Ph.D.)
Earn a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology with specialization in Special Education.
Emphasis in Bilingual/ESL Education (Ph.D.)
Earn a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology with specialization in Bilingual Education.
Emphasis in Learning Design & Technology (Ph.D.)
Earn a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology with a specialization in Learning Design & Technology.
School Psychology (Ph.D.)
Earn a Ph.D. in School Psychology. Program is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association and approved by the National Association of School Psychologists.
Emphasis in Developmental Sciences (Ph.D.)
Earn a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology with specialization in Developmental Sciences.
Emphasis in Research, Measurements, and Statistics (Ph.D.)
Earn a PH.D. in Educational Psychology with specialization in Research, Measurement, and Statistics.