PH.D. IN EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY WITH an EMPHASIS IN Developmental Sciences
The Program offers a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology (EPSY) with an emphasis in Developmental Sciences.
- How do people learn, adapt and develop within their environmental contexts?
- How do they develop as they progress from infancy to adulthood?
- How do they learn the knowledge and skills they need in classrooms and outside school walls?
- How and where do they use their knowledge and skills?
- How do the environment and individual differences influence learning and development?
- How can we best use emerging technologies to design educational experiences and environments that improve learning and social-emotional development?
- How can we best assess learning and development, evaluate the effectiveness of instruction, and conduct and analyze research that extends our knowledge base of these processes?
This program curriculum will build:
- Understanding of how research impacts one’s area of interest
- Awareness of ways creative thinking can provide a competitive advantage in problem-solving
- Deeper understanding of learning and instruction
December 1 for the following fall semester
* An alternate application deadline of April 1 is available for the Educational Psychology Ph.D. programs. Note that applications submitted by the December 1 deadline will receive priority in the review process and may have access to more funding opportunities.
Students select committee members and develop a degree plan, which must be submitted for approval. Applicants must follow all departmental admission requirements.How to Apply Apply Now
Degree: Ph.D. in Educational Psychology
Emphasis: Developmental Sciences
Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Credit Hours: minimum 64 hours
*Select College of Education and update credit hours
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the typical program costs?
The following website can help you estimate the cost of the program, including current costs of tuition and fees: Click here for the cost of attendance estimator
Please note, you must update the program hours.
Can you guide me through the application process?
I live out of state. Do you accept out-of-state applicants?
Yes, we accept in-state and out-of-state applicants.
Is there any opportunity for financial assistance?
Yes, there are opportunities for financial assistance through the following departments: Office of Graduate Studies Financial Aid