PH.D. IN EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY WITH AN EMPHASIS IN Learning Design & Technology
Ph.D. students in Educational Psychology with an emphasis in Learning Design & Technology:
- expertise in how technology can address existing educational goals in innovative ways, and
- a strong skill set in research methods appropriate to the field.
Research in this field focuses on the use of emerging technologies in the design of innovative educational materials. Faculty mentors work with students to develop a program of study tailored to their research interests. This includes opportunities to assist in faculty-led research projects. These typically result in conference presentations and co-authorship on journal publications. Students can also gain college-level teaching experience through an apprenticeship with a faculty member.
The program is highly valued by employers, and our graduates find their skills in great demand. Graduates of the doctoral program find employment as:
- faculty in higher education,
- administrators in K-12 school districts, or
- in industry and higher education as leaders in instructional design, training, or evaluation efforts.
December 1 for the following fall semester
* An alternate application deadline of April 1 is available for the Educational Psychology Ph.D. programs. Note that applications submitted by the December 1 deadline will receive priority in the review process and may have access to more funding opportunities.
Students select committee members and develop a degree plan, which must be submitted for approval. Applicants must follow all departmental admission requirements.How to Apply
Degree: Ph.D. in Educational Psychology
Emphasis: Learning Design & Technology
Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Credit Hours: minimum 64 hours
*Select College of Education and update credit hours
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the typical program costs?
The following website can help you estimate the cost of the program, including current costs of tuition and fees: Click here for the cost of attendance estimator
Please note, you must update the program hours.
Can you guide me through the application process?
I live out of state. Do you accept out-of-state applicants?
Yes, we accept in-state and out-of-state applicants.
Is there any opportunity for financial assistance?
Yes, there are opportunities for financial assistance through the following departments: Office of Graduate Studies Financial Aid