autism clinic

The Department OF Educational Psychology

The Department of Educational Psychology (EPSY) is home to a variety of interrelated disciplines and degree options focused on human development and well-being in educational and community contexts. Our undergraduate programs prepare students to work with children and youth in a variety of community and school contexts. We also offer a range of professional master’s degrees geared towards professionals in schools, communities, and the corporate world. For those interested in doctoral studies we offer Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in Educational Psychology, Counseling Psychology, and School Psychology.

Learn more about Educational Psychology

Academic Programs

Program Areas to choose from

Educational Psychology, US News & World Report 2021

Number of Online Courses Available

Former Student Highlight

Educational Psychology Programs



EPSY offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Education and University Studies, with one of three focuses.


Graduate Programs

The department of Educational Psychology offers a range of professional graduate degree programs.



EPSY offers a wide variety of online programs and courses to many the diverse needs our students.

Educational Psychology Teacher Teaching Students


Undergraduate students have the opportunity to complete certificate programs while completing their degree requirements.


“I came to the conclusion that being a special educator is less about whom you teach and more about what you teach.”

– Stephanie Haetchen ’12
Special Education Programs


Bachelor's in University Studies with a concentration in:

Child Professional Services

B.S. in University Studies with a concentration in Child Professional Services

The University Studies degree is a flexible 120-hour program that enables a student to combine a prescribed concentration, two minors, the core curriculum and electives to create a comprehensive degree that aligns with their individual professional interest. This program is heavily student centered. It is essential the student has a clear understanding of their professional or further educational interests and the selected plan of study positions them for success.

A concentration in Child Professional Services does not allow students to seek teacher certification; however, it prepares individuals to work with children in various organizations, which support youth development. Students may fulfill practicum requirements by working with the Youth Adventure Program.

As a means of preparing graduates for careers in civic, social or religious organizations; hospitals or non-profit organizations; or family and community services, this concentration offers study in upper level education courses that provide a strong foundation in:

  • Child and adolescent development,
  • Instructional methods,
  • Educational psychology,
  • Kinesiology,
  • Human resource development,
  • Sociology, and/or
  • Creative Studies.


Freshman, change of major and transfer students should follow all Texas A&M University and department admissions policies. View the Undergraduate Admissions page for full information.

Students must apply and be admitted into the upper level Teacher Education program before beginning the certification program.

Note: Applicants are reviewed by committee and admitted on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum requirements listed does not guarantee admission.


Starting Fall 2014, students will complete a minor in Sociology (15 hours) and either a minor in Creative Studies (15 hours) or Human Resource Development (18 hours).

Program Details

Degree: Bachelor of Science in University Studies with area of concentration in Child Professional Services
Program Delivery: Traditional
Program Hours: 120

Contact Advisors

Frequently Asked Questions


  • What are the typical program costs?

    The following website can help you estimate the cost of the program, including current costs of tuition and fees: Click here for the cost of attendance estimator

    Please note, you must update the program hours.

  • I live out of state. Do you accept out-of-state applicants?

    Yes, we accept in-state and out-of-state applicants.

Request Information

Can't find what you are looking for?

Contact EPSY