Upper Level Admissions
The upper (professional phase) level application process applies specifically to the BIED undergraduate program and is not associated with admission into Texas A&M University. For admission into the University, refer to the Office of Admissions.
All undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in the biliingual education major must apply to be formally admitted into the upper level (professional phase) of the program. The application process is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
To apply, students must have 45-60 completed credit hours. Cohorts are selected for admission in the Spring for current BIED majors and in the Summer for transfer students, to begin Fall semester.
- 45-60 completed credit hours
- A minimum overall GPR of 2.5 (This is subject to change.)
- Successful completion of MATH 141, MATH 142 and two 4-hour lab sciences, all with a grade of C or better
- Completion of INST 310 with a grade of B or better
- Proficiency in Spanish
To apply, complete the online application.
- April 1 for currently enrolled students desiring admission to the fall semester cohort
- August 1 for summer transfer students desiring admission to the fall semester cohort