Upper Level Admissions
The upper (professional phase) level application process applies only to the SPED undergraduate program. It is not associated with admission into Texas A&M University. For admission into the University, refer to the Office of Admissions.
The application process is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Up to 30 students will enter the program in each fall and spring cohort.
- 45-60 completed credit hours
- A minimum overall GPR of 2.75
- Successful completion of MATH 141, MATH 142 and two 4-hour lab sciences, all with a grade of C or better
- Completion of INST 210 with a grade of B or better
- Completion of SPED 302 with a grade of B or better OR be currently enrolled
- October 1 for spring cohort (The application process occurs in the fall.)
- March 1 for fall cohort (The application process occurs in the spring.)