Master’s Program Technology Requirements
The following is a list of basic minimum technical requirement for eCampus and Blackboard Collaboration platform.
- Students need a computer or laptop with a working internet connection to access the course through the semester. Tablets and smart phones are known to have compatibility issues with eCampus learning and Blackboard Collaborate platform, and may not render some features correctly.
- A web cam, microphone and speaker.
- Broadband internet connection, preferably DSL or cable with a minimum recommended speed of 1 Mbps. Low speed internet access may be slow and limited in completing online tests.
- Microsoft windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac OS X (or higher)
- We highly recommended using the last version of Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. Other browsers such as Internet explorer and Safari are known to have compatibility issues with Blackboard Collaborate, and may not render some features correctly. Please make sure you upgrade your browser to the latest version available to avoid such issues, remember to enable pop-ups on your browser.
Students’ computers need to be capable of running the latest versions of software
- Adobe Acrobat (version 9 or greater)
- Adobe Flash Player (version 10 or greater)
- Apple Quicktime Player (version 7 or greater)
More information for Blackboard technical requirements available from: http://blackboardsupport.calpoly.edu/content/policies/tech.html
If you have difficulty logging in to the eCampus, please create a ticket via using our online course help request page, or visit the Instructional Technology Services (ITS) Service Desk at 979-458-3417 (Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00-5:00 pm Central Time)
You may also contact Celal Perihan at firstname.lastname@example.org for helping for difficulties with Blackboard Collaborate for "Live” Meetings/Video Conferencing.